4 Great Cannabis Oil Recipes for Dinner: Cannabis Infused Cocktail, Appetizer, Entrée and Dessert
Unlike marijuana itself, cannabis oil (and cannabis coconut oil) is ideal for using with drinks, appetizers, Entrees, and Desserts—or cannabis edibles! There are endless possible variations of how to make delicious, unique, and healthy dishes all with THC– and CBD-infused cooking mediums. For your next dinner party with friends, family, and loved ones try something unexpected and use these four great cannabis oil recipes to create an unforgettably delicious meal.
Most cannabis oil recipes simply call for a replacement of the usual oil, syrup, or butter with cannabis infused oil, syrup, or butter. Luckily, when cooking with cannabis, the techniques do not vary in any substantial way. There are plenty of resources available to get an in-depth walkthrough of how to make your own weed butter or cannaoil so we will only touch on this briefly.
Making Cannabis-Infused Cooking Mediums
The THC and CBD of the cannabis flower are activated through heat and bond with the fat cells and sugar cells of the oil, butter, or syrup. The medium is an essential part of activating and containing the THC and CBD, which is why you cannot just heat up a bud of cannabis in the microwave and get high from eating it. The flower must be finely ground or chopped and slowly boiled in the cooking medium in order to extract the active ingredients. Be careful not to over boil your mixture or leave it simmering for too long or else you will not have an infusion that will taste any good and the whole point is to enjoy the taste. If you are lucky enough to live in a state that has legalized cannabis usage, you can likely find professionally made oils and infusions at a local dispensary.
Dinner with 4 Cannabis Infused Dishes
It’s time to send out some invitations to your closest friends—for the purpose of serving size clarity, let’s make it 4 friends—and then hit the grocery store and pick up your essential cannabis cooking products from a local dispensary. If you are making your oil at home, choose strains that will compliment the tastes in the dish. However, the strain of buds that you choose will vastly affect the flavor of your canna-infused medium. Be sure to choose strains that are complementary to the flavors of the dish and ask your local budtender for a recommendation on the best buds to use for cannabis oil recipes.
Cannabis Syrup Cocktail Recipe
Tailspin Bud Bijou
Before the cooking starts the drinks come out. There are many methods for infusing cannabis into alcohol; however, when it comes to cocktails, we like to be sure that the drink will be delicious first and foremost. Using cannabis-infused syrup in your cocktail ensures the integrity of the drink remains unspoiled and it adds a kick of THC. Our recommendation is an adaptation on the Bijou.
The Bijou may not be familiar if you don’t spend much time in prohibition style cocktail lounges. The drink originates from the pre-prohibition era and has several variations. Our recipe is an adaptation that combines aspects of multiple Bijou variants for the purpose of complementing the cannabis infused simple syrup. It is a delicious, full-spirited, full-bodied drink with a touch of sweetness. In our version, some of the sweetness of the drink will come from the cannabis infused simple syrup, which is not traditionally called for in the classic recipe. You will need a cocktail shaker, ice cubes, a coupe cocktail glass, a clean eye dropper for the canna-syrup, and a knife for the orange peel garnish.
- 1.5 ounces of Gin (Plymouth, Tanqueray, or Beefeater)
- 1.5 ounces of Sweet Vermouth (Carpano Antica)
- .75 ounce of Green Chartreuse
- .25 ounce Campari
- 2 dashes of Orange Bitters
- 1 dash of Angostura Bitters
- 1 dash of Pernod Absinthe
- Garnish with an Orange Peel
- A few drops of Cannabis-Infused Simple Syrup
-Cannabis Strain Suggestion-
Begin the evening with good conversation. Choose an herby strain that compliments the citrus and gin in the Bijou—nothing too sweet, nothing too bitter. We recommend using one of these indica strains, specifically chosen for their deep, non-drowsy effects.
- Green Dragon
- Blackberry Kush
- Fill the shaker half full with ice and add the gin, sweet vermouth, green chartreuse, 2 types of bitters, and absinthe. Put the top on and shake 5 to 6 times.
- Give the coupe glass a rinse in the Campari then toss any excess away.
- Pour the contents of the shaker into the coupe glass and garnish it with the orange peel. The peel may either go on the coupes rim or in the glass.
- Use the dropper to place 4 to 5 drops of cannabis-infused simple syrup on the surface of the drink.
- Make lots more and enjoy the Tailspin Bud Bijou with friends.
Cannabis Oil Appetizer Recipe
Kind Bud Brie
Brie is a wonderful way to begin a meal. It’s communal, decadent, rich, and, best of all, easy to make. You will need a brush for the cannabutter or oil and a baking sheet.
- 5 sheets of phyllo dough
- 6 tablespoons of cannabutter or cannaoil (homemade or dispensary bought)
- 1 egg
- 8-ounce wheel of brie cheese (1 standard pack)
-Cannabis Strain Suggestion-
There are so many great strains of cannabis which have names pertaining to cheese; however, not all of them are the best choice for this dish. We recommend a Sativa dominant hybrid for your cannabis-infused butter or oil. The sharp aroma of many strains acts as a beautiful subtone to the rich brie. The Sativa dominant hybrids that we recommend are…
- Golden Goat
- Blue Diesel
- UK Cheese
- First of all, preheat the oven to 345 degrees Fahrenheit
- Lay out the sheets of phyllo dough on your work surface or countertop and place a moderately damp paper towel over them.
- Place one phyllo dough sheet on your baking pan and brush the canna oil or butter onto each side of the phyllo sheet. Do this for each sheet of phyllo dough, one at a time, brushing each side with cannabis infused oil.
- Wrap your wheel of brie cheese in the phyllo dough, covering all sides, and brush the entire surface in cannaoil.
- Next, brush a coat of egg wash onto the dough.
- By now, the oven should be preheated and you are ready to put your baking pan of canna oil infused brie into the oven. Cook for 35 minutes or until the dough is golden brown and flaky. Let the brie cool off for 10 to 15 minutes or else all the melted brie will ooze out of the crust when you make the first cut.
Cannabis Oil Entree Recipe
Cannabis Pesto Campanelle with Arugula and Walnut
This Entree is an Italian delight, which follows up the brie nicely. The pesto is dense with herby aromas, which accompanies the arugulas earthy char. The walnuts parallel the pine nuts, adding a savory, soft crunch. Unlike a common side dish of pesto pasta, the fatty protein-rich walnuts and hardy arugula greens make this dish a main course. This recipe calls for cannabis-infused olive oil, which you can buy from a local dispensary, an independent local artisan, or make at home. The Sativa-infused olive oil compliments the herby flavors of the pesto, with a deep, rich, lingering presence. For this cannabis oil recipe, you will need a food processor, double boiler, medium sized pasta pot, cooking spoon, slotted cooking spoon, ladle, cutting board, and a sharp knife.
- 2 cups Arugula Leaves (packed)
- .75 cup Pine Nuts (whole or chopped)
- .75 cup of Walnuts (chopped)
- .5 cup of Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- .5 to .75 cup of Cannabis Olive Oil
- 6 cloves of Garlic (skinned and quartered)
- 1 pound of Campanelle pasta (fresh)
-Cannabis Strain Suggestion-
This recipe calls for a Sativa strain, both to parallel the vibrant earthy tastes, but also to encourage lively conversation at the table. These strains all possess a potent, smooth, and sharp aroma with lemon sour citrus tastes. When used in conjunction with the fresh, savory ingredients, they all make a wonderful combination. The recommended strains include…
- Super Lemon Haze
- Sour Diesel
- Jack Herer
- Lemon Thai
- Prepare ingredients as described above.
- In a food processor, combined together with the Arugula, Pinenuts, Walnuts, Parmesan Cheese, and Garlic. Process until the combination becomes smooth.
- Once smooth, continue processing, and slowly drizzle in your cannabis-infused olive oil.
- Fill pasta pot with 4 to 5 quarts water and a pinch of salt then bring to boiling. If pasta is fresh, cook pasta for 1-3 minutes or until al dente. If the pasta is dry, follow the instructions on the package or cook until al dente.
- Bring the double boiler to a low boil. Drizzle in any remaining cannabis olive oil and spoon in pesto. Stir continually, lowering the heat when you can see the oil begin to separate. This is just to warm the pesto, so don’t go overboard with the double boiler. If you do not have a double boiler, just spoon the processed pesto directly onto the hot Campanelle.
Cannabis Oil Dessert
Dark CannaChoc Strawberries
Fresh, simple, dark, and delicious this cannabis-infused chocolate covered strawberry recipe is an elegant finish to a decadent meal. Feel free to double this recipe up, since your guest will probably get the munchies a few minutes after desert. This recipe calls for coconut cannabis oil, which is healthier than olive oil or canola oil and it tastes better with desserts. For this recipe, you will need a cutting board, glass bowl, towel, and a double boiler.
- 4 tablespoons of Coconut Cannabis Oil
- 3 cups of Dark Chocolate Chips
- 24 Strawberries with stem
- Sprig of Mint
-Cannabis Strain Suggestion-
Desert time is when you make a few more Bijou’s, espresso, or wine. Enjoy these dark chocolate covered, cannabis-infused strawberries while enjoying some laughs and games with friends or family. Bringing the meal to a close, we suggest using an indica dominant hybrid strain. The subtle notes of Sativa will encourage laughter and fun while the deep embrace of the dominant indica brings a wonderful meal to a satisfied completion. The recommended strains include…
- Mango Kush
- Pineapple Kush
- Caramel Candy Kush
- Peppermint Cookies
- Rinse off Strawberries with cold water and dry with a towel.
- Bring double boiler to rolling boil.
- Add dark chocolate chips into double boiler pot, stirring occasionally.
- Once the chocolate has begun to melt, drizzle in cannabis-infused coconut oil and stir.
- Once all of the dark chocolate chips have melted, hold strawberries by the stem and slowly dip into the chocolate until covered. Dip multiple times for a thicker chocolate coating.
- Arrange strawberries on a tray and garnish with fresh mint leaves.